If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Sunday, March 31, 2013

WWW- 3/31

Find out more here

   8 sentences from my novel Bloodstone

   The second Ebony stepped past the first stone, the sun blinked out of the sky and darkness descended. The smell of rotting flesh seeped into her nostrils and pulled the bile from the back of her throat. 

   She threw up just as Aurora stepped past, missing her dress but catching Aurora’s shoes. 

   Aurora jumped back. “Disgusting!” 

   Ebony wiped her mouth with the back of her bare arm, there wasn’t much else to use. “I’d say I’m sorry, but you deserved it.” Her stomach clenched.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Ooh! Tasty! That was a cruel 8 sentences... I need more :o)
Lx

India Masters said...

You dont even want to know how many times, in my much younger days, someone has puked on my shoes. LOL. Not for this reason but I understand that the stench of death permeates everything and you can actually taste it. Ugh. Very realistic 8.

Veronica Scott said...

Hmm, quite a dark situation they're in. Intriguing. Excellent excerpt!

Sue Ann Bowling said...

Took a second reading to realize "Ebony" was a proper noun instead of the second in line of a group of creatures called "Ebonies." Shouldn't be a problem in context, though.

Kate said...

I hope Aurora did deserve it. Dark excerpt.

Vivien Dean said...

Great use of description to set the mood and action. Well done!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Summer .. that's not so nice! Gory and gungy and rather unpleasantly squalid ..

Great eight sentences though - cheers Hilary

Unknown said...

Wow! That was an intense excerpt.Dark and malodorous - even from over here ;)

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own