If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Are you Participating?

My Fairy pen is glowing and sparkling dust is all over my papers! Why? Well because there is so many blogfests to participate in this month and next. Here is my run down as these dates are coming up fast and I know I get busy and need a reminder sometimes, so here's your midway reminders:

SEPTEMBER The half way point anyways:

 Ellie Garrat has a competition going for her readers ends Sept 21st (Tuesday)
 The jist?
                         "All you have to do to enter this competition is be a follower of my blog and leave a comment below. That is it!"

Prizes?   copies of anthologies!!!!

Angela @  Jaded love Junkie has a Feast Blogfest Sept 23rd (Thursday)
The jist?
                      "Not only is it a blogfest of food, but it's also a feast of blogs.  Please join me in sharing a post regarding anything *food.*"

Prizes?  "you get a chance to join the fun!"  (If I'm wrong about this prize please let me know and I'll change it.)


Southern City mysteries has a Birthday Blogfest Sept 24th (Friday)
The jist?
                         "On Sept. 24th, Southern City Mysteries' 1 year birthday, post your Happy Birthday Blogfest story!  Who said birthdays are fun?  They can be creepy or dangerous or dramatic or even fatal.  Write a short story in (why limit the word count?  Gimme what'chya got!) involving a birthday in any form and something mysterious, dangerous, dramatic, creepy, or deadly."
Prizes? I'm unsure at this point but she stated they were "big"

AND

Elana Johnson has a blogging/writing experiment on this same day!!! Yay it sounds like so much fun. I'm going to try to do both!

OCTOBER
These are right around the corner fellow writers, so be getting your writing juice flowing for NaNo by posting in these lovely blogfests!

Maybe genius is hosting the Mash it up blogfest Oct 1st (Friday)

Tessa has the They're people too blogfest  Oct 2nd (Saturday)

 Francine is hosting the Bad news blogfest which has been extended to Oct 3rd (Sunday)

A new writer to our lovely community
Jacee Drake is holding the At first Sight blogfest Oct 7th (Thursday)

Justin had a birthday and is hosting the Hook Line and sinker blogfest Oct 11th (Monday)


Phew----I think that wraps it up Lastly we Have November coming up so very soon and that means NaNo! We get permission to drive our loved ones crazy isn't that wonderful?

 Did I miss anyones Blogfest? are you participating in anything coming up?

11 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Wow - great list of up and coming blogfests!! Thank you.

I tend not to participate in blogfests as I find I just do not have the time (2 jobs and being perenially ill!! Grrr!) for my wip but I do enjoy lurking and reading those I follow who join up! So good luck and I look forward to reading your entries!

take care
x

Renae said...

Wow, there are so many good blogfests coming up! How exciting!

Summer Ross said...

Old Kitty- I love that you read the entries anyways- your wonderful!

Renae-- I'm really excited about them too.

Ann said...

So many blogfests, so little time! Thanks for all the updates.

Lindsey Richardson said...

Glad to hear from you on my blog. Thanks for your comment on how I'm working on my book.

--Lindsey

Tabitha Bird said...

Wow. That is a lot. I might go check some of those out.

The Words Crafter said...

Daaaaang! That's quite a few 'fests! Between work and school and home, I have no time. But it is fun to read them.

Angela McCallister said...

Thanks for the shout out, Summer! It's definitely a lot but I usually use work I've already written. I committed to three of these (including mine--maybe it's cheating to count it), but I'm going to shoot for more if I get the time. My three posts are already done and scheduled ahead. That's definitely not cheating, just good time management. I like to do them ahead and schedule so I don't forget on the day and embarrass myself. I did that once. I was out to sea so I had an excuse, but still...

Ellie Garratt said...

Thank you for mentioning my competition! You've been nominated for a Creative Blogger Award. Visit my blog for details.

~Ryan said...

Wow! What a great list! Nice blog you have here.

Cheers!

Jules said...

THANK YOU, if it wasn't for you I'd never find all of these. Though I'm trying to find my life again I do want to do some of these. :)

Thanks also for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I do need hugs right now, thanks. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own