If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Friday, August 13, 2010

A contest and my free write

                                             
So I have a new blogging buddy, Christine H. at http://thewritershole.blogspot.com/who in all her glory is having a 100 blogger contest with a fantastic first prize! You have got to get over there and check it out, its a great resource for a writer. There's a good second and third prize too, but what can I say, the writer thing really got me :) anyway here's the linkiness to her blog 100 blogger contest

I've found some interesting things on fellow bloggers blogs :) heres what I enjoyed on the web this week, and what might benefit you:
emerging writer (short story competition)
Romancing the blogs ( publisher looking for submissions)
red means go ( a new store with funny cartoons)
Awesome music about writing(funny)


Now for some free writing: Its Friday 13th!!!! I'm not superstitious, so black cats, salt, ladders, mirrors do not scare me. Actually when I was in 5th grade my best girlfriend and I would rent every Freddy Crugar and Jason movie and stay up all night eating now and laters watching horror movies. Fun times, I used to even write some spooky stories, or what I thought was spooky at the time. I looked and looked and looked- but I can't find them. But I did find a spooky little poem I wrote....

 Ragdoll
by summer Ross

Ragdoll come out of the closet
share your nightmare tales.
Walk to my bed on backward legs
climb sheets with bitten hands,
whispering in my sleep subconcious
of all shadowmare land.
Let the words fall from splintered lips,
to fill my precious dreams.
Let out all the horrible things I fear,
tell of creatures with fired wings,
tell of animals that give chase
watch sweat drip from my brow.
Don't let up, till I'm upright
and let out the familiar scream.

8 comments:

Stina said...

Love the poem and thanks for the links. :D

Larry Hyatt said...

Thanks for the poem and happy Friday the 13th to you, too. My wife used to use the Chucky doll to make her son listen. He would throw it in the grabage and it would mysteriously show up in his room. He's OK but he won't date redheads.

Talli Roland said...

Ah! You've just given me nightmares with this!

Thanks for the contest links. Have a great weekend.

Summer Ross said...

Stina-- Your welcome

Larry-- Thats funny, kids can be scared so easily. Chucky was fun to watch- I refused to own redhead dolls. lol

Talli-I hope your weekend is good too.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Poem is really nice! And what a fun and goofy way to spend Friday the 13th.

JournoMich said...

Great poem! And thanks for the links.

Michele
Southern City Mysteries

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Thanks for the contest links. Friday the 13th. Brrr. Have you seen the Sundance Independent film, PONTYPOOL? It is an intellectual zombie movie, of all things. Here's the link to the trailer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEwTQCuKrI

Hope you have a great weekend, Roland

Jesús Garrido said...

excelente, lo que más me gusta de usted es lo bien que sale en el avatar

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own