If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Line up




Take a look at these fun things: My college reading list...
"The Turn of the Screw" by Henry James,

"The Fall of the House of Usher and other tales" by Edgar Allan Poe<-- this one has my all time favorite word in it "phantasmagoric" Isn't it a fun word?

"The Monk" by Matthew Lewis,

"Three Gothic Novels",

and "The Mysteries of Udolpho" by Ann Radcliffe<-- fairy excited to read this one!!

These are all on my reading list for this Fall- all of these books are for one class "Horror Literature" Should be fun! I have five more for my Scottish literature class but I decided not to post them, I don't want to over due the books in one sitting. :)

Would any of you like a review on any of the books listed? If so I will make time for it.




Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've only read the Poe book. Where's the Lovecraft? So wrong!

Jules said...

Summer I wanted to thank you for the award you bestowed on me. I will get to it as soon as my father recovers. Thank you for thinking of me. Hopefully I will soon be back to regular commenting and fairy hunting. :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Nicole Murray said...

I recognize most. A very cool list to get through. And I always loved the covers on those book. Even framed a couple as art in college. Have a good one.

Ladytink_534 said...

I've heard of all of these but I've never read any of them before.

Jemi Fraser said...

The only one I've read is The Turn of the Screw an eon or two ago :) Have fun with them.

Unknown said...

I read the Poe and Mary Shelley - Good luck with the Gothic reading.

Will Burke said...

All new titles to me. Honestly, I'm about 6 novels behind myself in my itinerary, but reviews would still be interesting.

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Hmm, they all look wonderful! I started the turn of the screw forever ago and just have not finished it.

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own