If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday Writing prompt

http://www.clipartguide.com/_search_terms/pencil.html
 Practice, practice, practice some more. Its said so much in everything we do, and writing is no exception. Critiquing is also good practice, but making yourself write no matter what is hard. I struggle with it all the time. I don't want to revise all my stories, so I clean instead and guess what I find? More stories to revise, yikes! some of them are not even finished and I'll have to take new twists with the MC's because it was back in 2004 when I just wrote and didn't care where it went.(well actually I cared, but my characters didn't, they took a break for a few years sticking their tongues out at me. lol)
http://www.clker.com/clipart-25670.html

But alot of what I wrote, even then, came from some kind of prompt. They are old prompts, but there are always possibilities...







 Write a scene as a page in a diary, you can use something you are currently working on, or you can use this to start ...a wife finds her husbands secret diaries and is shocked to find he leads a double life.
Happy writing!

4 comments:

Nighfala said...

What an incredible blog you have. I love all of the quotes, especially. I will definitely be stopping by for inspiration!

You've just reminded me of a half-written elf story I should return to some day.

Elizabeth Mueller told me how to put a link and photo up on the sidebar for a contest or whatever:

Go to "add a gadget" under "Design". On the small window that pops up, scroll down til you see "Picture". Then you can choose an image from your computer or from the web. You can also include the URL under "Link" on that window where you uploaded the pic from.

Talli Roland said...

Great prompt. Thank you, Summer - happy writing!

Kay Richardson said...

blimey. i'm writing some hot stuff now.

Summer Ross said...

Christine H.- Thank you, I'll give that a try and I'm glad you enjoyed the quotes.

Talli- smiles, thanks for stopping by I hope it fruits something for you.

Kay--happy writing!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own