If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Friday, October 19, 2012

Imps, Blogfests, and Next Big Thing

Happy Friday friends!

First there are a couple blogfests to be on the look out for:
Oct 22nd
Writer Therapy  Blog Hop 
and
Oct 31st
Scare me Blogfest


I was tagged by Jadie Jones for the 'Next big thing blog hop.' Go check her blog out if you're not already a follower. She's a wonderful person and her debut novel is coming out in 2013.

Thank you Jadie for tagging me- this will be so much fun.

1) What is the working title of your book?
                          Bloodstone
2) Where did the idea come from?
             Honestly, it just popped into my head while I was doing something mundane like playing on facebook. I wrote down the idea and soon sparks flew and suddenly I had  novel idea.

3)What genre does your WIP/MS fall under?
            Fantasy fiction- I think. LOL
4) What actors would you cast if your book is turned into a movie?

    I would have Zooey Deschanel  as Ebony graves (Main character)

  I would have  Ian Somerhalder as Kaige Donovan (love interest)


I would have Lindsay Lohan as Aurora Craven (the antagonist)





and Finally, Meryl Streep as Lady Charmaine (The head of The Jades)

5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?


Ebony Graves must face three challenges that test her abilities, awaken her magic, and make her look deeper inside herself: Can she survive uncontrollable rune magic and get her man?


LOL- That's the best I can come up with right now.

 6) Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?
              Represented hopefully.

7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
     Four months.

8) In genre, what other books would you compare your story to?

Similar to Kim Harrison and Patricia Briggs.

9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?

     I was inspired by the idea itself.

10) What else about this book might pique the readers interest?

 One of my more interesting characters is an Imp named Razzle who causes plenty of mischief within the novel. He finds everything looks better with a tail and his favorite food is Unicorn dung.

I now pass the next big thing on to the following writers:

Christine Rains
Elaine Smith
Greg Metcalf

 

Are you participating in any of the blogfest?
Did you ever let an imp mess around inside your novel?

Have a terrific weekend!





12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Bloodstone is a good name!
I'm participating in the Scare Me Blogfest and the Monstrous Monday Blogfest. And announcing another one on Monday!

Shelly said...

Yes. Your title is cool.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Laura S. said...

Your wip sounds so good, Summer! I want to see what Razzle gets up to!

And your cast is perfect!!

Julie Flanders said...

Bloodstone sounds awesome! And I totally love Ian Somerhalder so you got me there, yum. :D

Carol Kilgore said...

Sounds like a great read. And I love the title!

Happy Weekend :)

Christine Rains said...

I love the name and that you compared it to Patricia Briggs. She's one of my favorite writers. Thanks for passing the Next Big Thing on to me. :) I'm doing Kyra Lennon's Blogfest on Monday and Monstrous Monday on the 29th. Lots of great ones going around right now.

M Pax said...

Nice title, and Ian is very purty.

Golden Eagle said...

I like your one-sentence synopsis. :)

Great cast!

Talli Roland said...

Love the title 'Bloodstone'. Sounds like a great book - good luck with it!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Summer - am easing off blogfests for a while ..

However we have one today and hope you'll be able to get Jasmyne to come on over to meet Lenny of Lenny's World aged 13 today ..??

Hope to see you there - cheers Hilary

Unknown said...

Summer
Thank you sooo much for this - I was shivering in the cold and almost abandoned workroom, trying to snatch an hour to catch up on things other than family, work and planning for NANO and look what I found! I'm thrilled to get a name check like this - thank you.

Unknown said...

i can't believe i just saw this post!! now i'm dying to be a reader for your next beta round :) thank you for giving me a shout out. good luck with nano!! xoxo

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own