If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Monday, October 17, 2011

Short review of Wyoming Author

Buy it Here

Laura Bell gracefully crafted "Claiming Ground" with vivid western images of open ranges, mountains, and towards the end, people.
The first half of the book relies heavily on the abundance of descriptions to set the readers up for a life away from the city. While the second half of the book concentrates on personal relationships and learning. 

It's a beautiful memoir about hearing an inner calling and acting upon it. Bell includes themes of escapism mixed with experience to try and find her own footing throughout the book. There is a consistent idea of moving, sometimes back and sometimes forward, but always there.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Great review! I really need to check this one out, thank you for sharing! :)

N. R. Williams said...

Sounds like a great read, thanks for sharing.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, Fantasy Author

Old Kitty said...

Thanks for the review, Summer! Sounds wonderful - makes me want to discover what the "inner calling" was! Take care
x

Alleged Author said...

This is a wonderful review of a memoir!

Emily R. King said...

I think I'd like this book, especially the theme of moving forward or backwards. We're all moving in one direction or the other. ALWAYS.
Thanks!

Brenda Drake said...

This sounds like it would be engrossing. I love to learn about new places through the books that I read. I'll have to check this out. Thanks for sharing and thank you for mentioning my blogfest/contest. <3

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own