If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Sunday, September 8, 2013

WWW- New scene- Razzle the Imp




8 creative sentences from Bloodstone



The imp he may be, but Razzle did not sense the rare bloodstone anywhere in the Jade Manor. Sire told him not to leave without the precious stone, but he’d been in and out of bedchambers, ballrooms, and all over the grounds for months and he had smelled nothing but ghosts and humans. Irritation flooded his small body. It should have been easy to sniff out. He kept himself invisible as he listened to the humans talk; perhaps they had more information than he did. They were females and considered beautiful, though Razzle had no idea why anyone found beauty in a human female. Their skin held on too tight to their bodies and they had no tails. Razzle shuddered; no tail was worse than missing arms or legs. It was unnatural.


22 comments:

Unknown said...

I've often wondered what it would be like to have a tail... and what animals think of humans, so hairless, slow, and lacking many of their instincts and intuitions.

You've done a great job pulling me into this character's mind - great snippet :)

Unknown said...

I like the glimpse into his inner thoughts

Owllady said...

Yep you take us nicely deep into Razzle's thought process. Gives us a lot of info in one short excerpt. Nice job!

Love his name, too.

Anonymous said...

You do a great job describing how Razzle reacts to human behavior. What is Razzle exactly? This is my first time reading your snippets.

S.J. Maylee said...

no tail was worse than missing arms or legs. It was unnatural. <-- I love it, lol. Excellent snippet. Looking forward to what you share next.

Veronica Scott said...

Well duh, gotta have a tail! Fun excerpt, I enjoyed the way the character thinks.

gemma parkes said...

Wonderful insight to how another creature might view us!

Anonymous said...

The voice of this character is strong and interesting. Simpler than a human's, I would say, and that's what makes it realistic. His definition of beauty tells us as much about him as it does about the women. Great snippet!

Elaine Cantrell said...

When my granddaughter was small, my son had her convinced that she had been born with a tail and lost it. Weird humor?

Unknown said...

Such a fun point of view:)

Lauren said...

LOL the no tails part is hilarious! Love where this is going.

Unknown said...

Ha! Excellent snippet! Very fun. :)

Sandra Sookoo said...

Very nice snippet!

Sarah Cass said...

Interesting to see what an imp thinks! It made me smile and giggle.

Anonymous said...

Would Razzle be annoyed if he knew I thought he sounded cute from that little snippet?

Anonymous said...

This was delightful! I love Razzle's definition of beauty, and I'm intrigued by his quest. :)

Donna

Anonymous said...

Poor Razzle, stuck there for months with the unnaturally tailless.

He'd better find some bloodstone soon!

Sarah W said...

So much fun! I love how he places ghosts and humans on the same level---why wouldn't he?---and has his own standards of beauty---again, of course!

He's a great character---wonder who his master is?

Unknown said...

This is delightful Summer, and I thoroughly enjoyed Razzle's thoughts! Looking forward to future snippets!

HistorySleuth said...

I like Razzle. :) This was cool, his perspective of the human world.
History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

Teresa Cypher said...

This is priceless! "...and they had no tails." Love it. What a well written snippet. :-)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this POV. You have a great voice!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own