If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Friday, March 15, 2013

He can keep his soul



"Sam's soul is on the line. Meira's will be too if she's caught, but that's a risk she's willing to take."

* If you are looking for the 600 follower giveaway click here *

Christine Rains is joining us today to answer three questions and then introduce you all to her newest Novella.  We'll keep it short and simple- with pictures.

  1) What is your favorite Word? Why?
 
      "Chocolate." 

It's fun to say, rolling off your tongue as if in preparation to eat some. It's a sensual word to my ears. Plus, chocolate is one of my favorite things! 

2) What does your writing area look like?
 
   
  I have a little room stuffed full of games and books. My computer is on an old desk that's a bit shaky. Sometimes I end up with notes, receipts, books, and candies on it, but I work best when it's neat. At least when the spot in front of the screen is neat. There are painting by my son on the wall and a bulletin board with family photos. Not much else will fit in there, but it's my little writing space. 

3) What is one line you didn't want to cut from your new novella The Harbinger, but knew you had to?

     This is a difficult one. I'm a concise writer even on the first draft. There's a whole scene that I might cut, though. My favorite line from that scene: 

Soaked feathers caught on something, and the roar filling her ears was no longer from the coliseum.



Title: 1304 The Harbinger (The 13th Floor series, #4)

Author: Christine Rains

Genre: paranormal romance

Release date: March 13th, 2013



Blurb:

Meira Harper loves both her jobs: talking about beautiful shoes and fetching souls for Zeus. But the Thunder God threatens the harpy's loyalty to her job when she receives the call to bring the soul of gorgeous Sam Wright. Meira pleads with her boss to let him live. Zeus agrees, but Sam must fight for his life. If Sam can win three challenges, he can keep his soul.



The gods never play fairly, though, so Meira needs to find ways to help Sam with the challenges. She cannot outwardly cross her master, but she refuses to let the man she loves lose his soul. They haven't even had a chance to start a life together.



Sam's soul is on the line. Meira's will be too if she's caught, but that's a risk she's willing to take.
Buy the book:
Amazon
B&N
Smashwords
Kobo
Goodreads

The Marquis is currently free:


Author Bio:

Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. She has four degrees which help nothing with motherhood, but make her a great Jeopardy player. When she's not writing or reading, she having adventures with her son or watching cheesy movies on Syfy Channel. She's a member of Untethered Realms and S.C.I.F.I. The 13th Floor series is her first self-published series. She has five novellas and eighteen short stories published.








15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was a good line! Save it - you might be able to use it someplace else.

Christine Rains said...

Thanks for hosting me today, Summer. This was such a fun interview!

Thank you, Alex. I ended up keeping the scene!

Old Kitty said...

Awwww Meira is willing to risk her soul for Sam! Now that's true love! All the best to Christine! Have a great weekend, Summer! Take care
x

Dana said...

Good interview! I love seeing pictures of the places writers work. :)

shelly said...

Fantabulous interview! Tweeted!

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Unknown said...

Christine is one of my fave fellow-authors. I bought her last book, and am enjoying it :)

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats, Christine!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Christine, I used to have that exact same desk. It doesn't leave room for clutter.

Christine Rains said...

Old Kitty, it is true love. Now let's just hope they live through it!

Dana, me too. Mine isn't terribly exciting, but I have the ideal office imagined in my head that maybe one day I'll make!

Shelly, thanks! Yum, chocolate.

Damyanti, thank you so much! :)

Cherie, thank you!

Diane, not at all. It's a bit wobbly too, but it does its job!

Unknown said...

That was a good line! And "Chocolate" is a great word! Perfect for every day!

Anonymous said...

That is a very cool line... love it.

Carol Kilgore said...

Congrats on your latest novella, Christine! I love that line you quoted.

Hi, Summer!

Christine Rains said...

Adriana, thank you! Chocolate is perfect for every answer. :)

Tania, thanks!

Carol, thank you!

Heather R. Holden said...

I'm so envious of how neat your desk is! Mine is so messy, I can't even use it as a desk anymore. XD

Christine Rains said...

Heather, I cleaned it for that picture! :) It's not quite so neat right now. Hehehe!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own