If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday top ten

Here are the top ten signs you have a bad relationship with your pen.


 10) The pen has  a break down (you have lost it's spring)

 9) It never writes the right word for your sentence.( make sure you are not taking the pen for granted)


 8) the pen bleeds through to the back of your paper.(pretending to cry for a guilt trip is never a good sign)


 7) it explodes in the wash machine (trying to escape your hand)


 6) The pen gets lost in a back pack or purse (you know it is really trying to hide if it pulls this one)


5) It allows someone else to use it, (sounds like trouble in paradise)


 4) It actually punctures holes or scratches into your paper (never stay with a bully pen)

 3) It has miniature replicas that do not belong to you ( a cheating pen, is  bad pen)


 2) It runs out of ink (a fake death is a really bad idea)


 and the number one sign you and your pen are having outs:


 1) The pen is never where you can find it.


If you and your pen have experienced more than three of these signs, I'd say its time to trade it in.

Check out my blogfest tab for upcoming blogfests

25 comments:

Misha Gerrick said...

Hahahahaha mine is still sulking.

I'm back to typing for a while.

;-)

Will Burke said...

#1 is null & void if the phone is ringing. All pens run from a ringing phone, it's nothing personal.

Elena Solodow said...

This was great, Summer! I've been preferring pencils lately...maybe a little too worried about having a troublesome ink relationship.

Unknown said...

Bahaha this was hilarious!!! So creative Summer! I loved it!!! I love to see your creativity, it's incredible!

Jules said...

LOL, I'm starting to worry about your relationship with pens. What does it mean when your pen pee's on you? :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My pen's outta here then!

Jennifer Hoffine said...

I always suspected my pen was hiding on purpose in my purse...playing hard to get.

Old Kitty said...

LOL!!!!!! Awwww I'd be buying my pen lots of flowers and chocolate! :-) Take care
x

N. R. Williams said...

Funny Summer. My pen indeed has issues.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Pen? What's a pen?

Michael Di Gesu said...

Too, cute, Summer.

It gave me laugh.... I am with Wendy, though. I never write freehand anymore.

Michael

Golden Eagle said...

I don't write my stories longhand, but I do use pens--and I've had to part with several.

Melissa said...

Pens and I hate each other. I always get ink everywhere - no idea how this happens. That goodness for laptops!!

Unknown said...

Love the post, Summer.
I wondered. My pens move. I leave them on my desk and they are never there when I return. I used to blame my partner, despite his protests of innocence. Now, I see it all: my pens are working to rule; union rules apply on the subject of minimum/maximum hours. That explains it. ;)

M Pax said...

Mine can never be found. And I hate when it ruins the laundry. It's such a spiteful thing to do. Brat. :)

Ellie Garratt said...

Lol. That was funny.

Stina said...

I swear all my pens are having a party . . . probably with my kids' missing socks. Every time I buy a new one, it disppears.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

hahaha I'm always having to buy replacements. The moment they misbehave I toss them. I'm working on the intimidation theory...

dolorah said...

This was so much fun. I guess I should stick to a keyboard from now on LOL. Thanks Summer.

......dhole

Jeff Beesler said...

And what does it mean if you cheat on your pen with a keyboard or a pencil?

Sandra said...

My pen and I definitely need couples therapy!
This was a delightful post! LOVED IT!

PK HREZO said...

LOL! I am always losing my pen, but man, I love that little sucker. I've had to replace it once before already. It's a space pen that writes from any angle ... such a necessity for someone like me who hangs upside down randomly thruout the day. lol ... not really, but I do like how I can write from an angle.

Such a cute list, Summer!

Talli Roland said...

Oh poor poor pen! Mine tends to bleed a lot. It works very hard.

Rachael Harrie said...

Hey Summer,

My pen(s) and I have a love/hate relationship. And now my daughter's started "borrowing" them...

Welcome to the Crusade, great to have you on board :)

Hugs,

Rach

Theresa Milstein said...

Ha - too funny! That's why I try to use my laptop as much as possible.

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own