If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Sunday, August 18, 2013

WWW- Snippet



 Catch up: Ebony found an intruder in her home, tied him to a chair with a dangling cast iron pan- he moves it hits him. He's pretty sure Ebony's got something wrong with her, Ebony isn't about to deny it either. Their conversation continues- she wants to know why he's there- he wants her to let him go... 

8 sentences from - Bloodstone




Ebony straightened, if he continued to pull on the rope, he’d find his way loose, Shit. Ebony pushed her chair back to the table and said, “Every time you pull your hands up, that pan will hit you.” She stepped over to the sink nonchalantly assessing the tightness of the ropes; the last thing she wanted was for him to find a weakness in them. She briefly considered calling the cops, deciding it would take too long for them to respond, she figured she’d let her curiosity play out.
“So I noticed,” his voice sent chills down her spine. Yup he’s pissed.
“Why did you break into my house?” Satisfied the rope wasn’t coming lose, Ebony turned on the faucet and filled a glass of water. She’d barely put the rim to her lip when his chair scuffed on the floor, the pan flew back into the wall, and he fastened her between him and the sink.

14 comments:

S.J. Maylee said...

I didn't see that coming. Fascinating. :) I have to know more! Well done.

Unknown said...

Uh-Oh. Clever boy. I like that he's not playing by her rules.

Lauren said...

Argh! What a way to leave me hanging! this is great! I'm dying to know what happens now that he's got her pinned!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Oooo...what a place to leave us hanging. Nicely done.

Owllady said...

oh great twist! I love to be surprised as a reader and this sure did it. Bet the conversation gets a lot more interesting now ;)

Unknown said...

Wow, what an exciting final line! Can't wait to see how she gets out of this one. That is, if she wants to. ;) Great job!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Summer .. she let her guard slip - now what happens next ... great story line ... cheers Hilary

gemma parkes said...

No! Exciting 8! Hope he has something...nice on his mind!

Maggie said...

Love the way you left it! More!

Linda said...

Oh shit! I hope she can use her glass fast enough on his face. Damn those ropes!

Unknown said...

Cliffhanger :)

Unknown said...

Dang! Exciting stuff! Can't wait to see what he does next :D Great 8!

Unknown said...

I hope she's got something else to clunk him with...

Anonymous said...

A great cliffhanger there.

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own