If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Sunday, August 25, 2013

WWW - Sunday Snippet



Catch up: Ebony found an intruder in her home, tied him to a chair with a dangling cast iron pan- he moves it hits him.he escapes causing the pan to fly back into the wall and pins Ebony between him and the sink...

8 sentences from - Bloodstone 



The glass fell shattering against porcelain. His breath came hot across the sensitive flesh of her ear and goose bumps flashed down her neck. He grabbed her hands pinning them to the counter. Not good.
“Don’t get involved.” His words whispered over her skin and she closed her eyes. Only part of her baulked at the close contact. Heat flooded her cheeks as he continued, “Do I need to tie you up?”

***




 

16 comments:

S.J. Maylee said...

Oh man, things have certainly turned around. I have to know his intentions. What did he mean, Don’t get involved?! Ugh! :)

Unknown said...

Yikes, things changed significantly in her situation in just a few lines...augh! Nice eight...leaves me breathless too!

Anonymous said...

Oh no. The tables are turning. How will Ebony get out of this? =)

Owllady said...

Uh oh, big trouble, and maybe in more than one way ;-) I think maybe she's a bit attracted to this guy. Really curious about what you've got planned for next week!

HistorySleuth said...

I'm still trying to figure this out. Is this a rape scene, or is this role playing? And what does he mean by, "Don't get involved?" Didn't he break into her house? Intriguing....

History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

Unknown said...

Oh no! Hope she can get out of this. Nice, tense scene Summer!

Anonymous said...

No tying up,please but you've written one terrific scene. Hot breath and all. Check spelling of balking. Otherwise super!

gemma parkes said...

Don't get involved? It's her place! Ooh I wonder what's going on, great intrigue.

Susan Schiller said...

Wow! Maximum intensity built into this scene - what a great 8! :)

Susan Schiller said...

Oops... looks like my comment disappeared, so please delete this one if it turns out a duplicate!

I really like your 8 sentences. Summer... so very intense! This is my 1st time on your site, but I will be back for certain :)

E.D. Martin said...

Hmm, gotta wonder what exactly he has in mind. Good snippet.

Linda said...

What the hell is he talking about?
Why is she closing her eyes? Oh God it's getting scary.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Summer - fascinating turn of events .. what'll happen now - can't wait to read the next instalment ..

Cheers Hilary

Anonymous said...

Another great cliffhanger there.

Lynn Crain said...

Interesting scene. I'll be waiting to see more as I can't decide what he's up to at all.

Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

You've set up an intense scene here. Nice 8!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own