If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Friday, August 9, 2013

FF- Imaginary English and Freebie Friday

Two things for you today- read &enjoy. I'll make it short and sweet. 

Increase Blog Followers


This weeks Question:

Back to school. Create a reading list for the imaginary English Lit class you’ll be teaching this semester.

My reading list for an English Lit class-

Alice in Wonderland

The Monk by Mathew Lewis

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

I would choose these three books because they each represent something in the written world- Alice is that fantasy and internal struggle of facing problems. Plus I just love the poem.

The Monk because not only did the young man write it in a few short months way back in the day- but it also represents how a religion can effect the writing world.

Finally Thirteenth Tale- that's just plain damn good writing with a fascinating story. 

 

Now for Friday freebies:

Zombie stories from thirty-two of your favorite female authors!
**WARNING**This is a work of paranormal fiction that has elements of romance, thriller and horror.
Her whole life, it had just been the two of them. Before her mother’s last breath, she gave Camille the information she had craved her entire life: the identity of her father. Daring to contact him, Camille was welcomed by an entire family she never knew existed. But nothing comes without a price, as she discovers when her family claims a legendary heritage tracing back to a Centaur touched by Zeus.
Roseline Enescue didn't ask to become an immortal, to have all of the guests at her wedding slaughtered, or be forced into marriage with a man whose lust for blood would one day ignite the vampire legend.

 

19 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Nice! I almost went with classics too, but decided to go "modern" at the last second!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Loretta Smith said...

Nothing is more relaxing than finding a favorite spot to curl up with a good book! My problem is when I become interested, everything goes to pot because I can't stop reading!

Divergent Gryffindor said...

Good call for Alice in Wonderland! I would love to have that book read by my class and I would love my teachers to have me read that book. :)
Feature & Follow
2 GIVEWAYS on the blog right now

Lizzy said...

Hmm..The Monk sounds interesting. Haven't heard of it before.

Thanks for the Friday freebies too!

My FF

Wonderfully Women.com said...

Blood Debt sounds good, will add that one to my list of future reads. xx Nikki @ Wonderfully Women

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Nice list. Thanks for sharing :)

following via bloglovin

http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/feature-and-follow-59.html

Unknown said...

Summer I really like how you've added the Freebies at the end of your post, I'm going to check it out now, are they all from Amazon? I can't seem to get a link for the zombie book, the first one.

My Friday Hop

Unknown said...

It's alright Summer, cancel the last question about it all being on Amazon, I found them all and downloaded all of them :D

Old Kitty said...

I'd go to your class!! Take care
x

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thank you for not choosing The Grapes of Wrath!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Friday Freebies! I AGREE with Diane. I don't know what I would put on my list but Alice in wonderland is a great one! I like Tom Sawyer and Huckelberry Finn, maybe that would go on my list...Oh, so many great books to choose from!

Kimber Leigh said...

Alice in Wonderland is on my list too. One of my all-time favorites!
New bloglovin follower.

Kimberly @ Once Upon a YA Book

Kelly @ Books and Beauti said...

Love Alice in Wonderland! New follower via bloglovin!

Kelly @ Dandelion Dreams
My FF

michie scott said...

Nice and unique list of books.

I love Alice in Wonderland

new GFC follower

here's my Follow Friday

michie scott said...

nice and unique selection

new GFC follower

here's my Follow Friday

Unknown said...

Great list! I've seen a lot about the thirteenth tale!!

Old follower!

My FF + Giveaway!


Amber @Paradise of Pages

Frustratedmama said...

shared and tweeted!

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Summer - I need educating .. so I'd join your class - I really need to take an English Lit class I think ...

Cheers and enjoy the rest of the summer - Hilary

Talli Roland said...

Great list!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own