If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Muse fairy rejoices, found inspiration" (my short)

I shuffled my way through random things online when suddenly a thought occurred to me: Stories in 6 words or less. Ernest Hemingway has a famous short story that he claimed was his best work and most people have read it, gazed at it, memorized it, wrote from it, and have heard of it in one way or another.

Its simple really, here it is: "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn."  Thinking on this, originally I thought it sounded too much like an ad, however on further pondering I have decided it is rather brilliant. Think of everything it doesn't say.  So what happened? Post it in comments if you'd like to.

Here are some other shorts I have found for your hopefully amused reading pleasure.



Failed SAT. Lost scholarship. Invented rocket.
- William Shatner


Longed for him. Got him. Shit.
- Margaret Atwood
Batman Sues Batsignal: Demands Trademark Royalties.
- Cory Doctorow

Nevertheless, he tried a third time.
- James P. Blaylock

Finally, he had no more words.
- Gregory Maguire

Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so.
- Joss Whedon

heres where to find more:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.11/sixwords.html 

1 comment:

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own