If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sassy Heroine

I have been reading a lot of Patricia Briggs recently. I currently finished her fourth book "Bone Crossed" in her Mercy Thompson series. As I finished I learned something about what I like to read and what I would one day like to write: I like classy sassy female characters in what I read and admire them almost as if I strive to bring my own characters up to that level.

In nearly every author I read there has to be a witty female as at least one main female. Kim Harrison is one of my favorite authors not only because of her leading female but also because of the pixie who is rude and funny.

And there could be that small part of my inner self connects with these characters because of their wit, morals, and charm.



Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But what if I only have a big greasy mechanics thumb to thumbs up with not a fairy one. That seems slightly discriminatory.

Haddock said...

Thats a good cover.

Summer Ross said...

Haddock- the author seems to have a pretty decent artist for her covers. Thanks for commenting

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own