If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Sunday, April 28, 2013

WWW- 4-28

Find out more here

8 sentences from Bloodstone- continuing from last week (HERE



Ebony had been cleaning in her father’s study and came across a small silver ring with a slice of jade flush with the band. When she touched the piece of jewelry a jolt sprung from the object to her fingers and made all the hair on her forearm stand at attention, like static electricity, but concentrated to one area. An itch spread over her skin, like a residual coming and going of energy. An urge to push the ring on her finger compelled her.
A wave of energy slammed into Ebony knocking her body back against the wall. She lost her breath for a few seconds. She hit her head so violently an image of huge black horns curling out of skin flashed before her eyes. She could see every little detail.

16 comments:

Elaine Cantrell said...

That could certainly be scary.

Anonymous said...

Scary horned figure! nice eight.

Brandon Ax said...

Great imagery I'm intrigued.

S.J. Maylee said...

You captured this exciting and wild moment very well. I'm anxious for the next 8. :)

Owllady said...

That's one powerful piece of jewelry! Poor thing, getting knocked around like that -- but now I'm really curious about it. Nice 8, Summer.

Veronica Scott said...

Wow, powerful. I liked your description of the events leading up to the vision of the horns. Terrific snippet!

J said...

Oh boy! She's got a whole lot more magic now...but those black horns sound like an omen to me! Very exciting, nice snippet.

Unknown said...

I love the unexpected reaction she experienced after touching the jewellery. The sight of some horned thing was chilling.

ps I had a moment of head scratching when I read "the jolt sprung" - isn't it sprang? Feel free to know better if I'm barking up a UK only tree ;)

I'm really enjoying this story Summer.

Susan Stuckey said...

Definitely interesting. Some great editing/polishing you are doing. Nicely done.

Jayn Wilde said...

Powerful snippet. Makes me curious as to the power of the ring and who the horns belong to. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

WOW. Powerful description, Summer. I felt the jolt .

Shelly said...

Sounds like she saw the devil.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Carrie-Anne said...

Very intense sample! That sounds like one special ring.

Kristen said...

Oh wow, that sounds creepy. I want to read more!

Dog Brindle said...

something is up. A ring, horns, a wave or energy.
I want more...

Teresa Cypher said...

Wonderful imagery, Summer! I could feel the scene happening. Nice 8!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own