If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H- The H words.

Today I give you inspiring H words...

Hell:  I recently started a short story that starts 'He stepped out of hell.'

Heirloom: Many a story has some kind of heirloom in them, passed down from someone else.

Humanity: I think every book I've ever read has something to do with a persona's humanity if not humanity as a whole.

Some of the others I like are: 
Harem
Hollow
Hysteria
Harlot

What are some of your favorite or inspiring H words?

16 comments:

Nick Wilford said...

Hubris. Not very inspiring as it means arrogance, but I like the way it sounds!

I'd read the story you mentioned. Not many get the chance to come back from hell!

Trisha said...

Intriguing collection of words :) They're making me think of a new story!

Old Kitty said...

Holidays!!
:-)

Oooh I LOVE the first line of your story!! Yay!

Take care
x

Unknown said...

Great post! The letter H is capable of so much inspiration :) You took a lot of my favorite H words. Great minds! I like "hurt," too. It's short and common, but it can twist a sentence on a dime.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I like "harem" and "harlot." :)

For inspiring - hope, healing, humility

For "fun" - horror, history, hunt, homunculus

Unknown said...

I love the fact that you are focussing on the power of individual words. Opening a story with "He stepped out of hell" creates so many questions and a whole lot of fearful anticipation.
I love the words hyacinth and hellion.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I like the word "hope" and "happiness" for what they represent and the feelings associated with them.

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

I have also recently started a story that involves a lot of talk about hell.
Happy A to Z! :)

Roland D. Yeomans said...

HAUNTED -

Trees or houses are not haunted. We are haunted by choices and people until the end of our days when we become ghosts ourselves.

Yes, individual words do have power!

Julie Flanders said...

I'd like to read the story you mentioned. What a great first line!

Christine Rains said...

I don't often think of H words. Yet highfalutin is fun!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mine - hope.

Carol Kilgore said...

Today I wrote about helicopters, so maybe that word inspired me. Or maybe heroes.

Susan Kane said...

I have been using "hell" a lot lately, and that is not like me at all. So I think I would choose "Hellenic" for its grandeur.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Summer .. = to me that's easy ..

Cheers from Happy Hilary!!!

Anonymous said...

Haberdashery has always been a favorite! Your "H" list is very honorable, indeed!
Jess / Blogging on the Brink

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own