If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Sunday, May 19, 2013

WWW- 519

 Weekend Writing Warriors

8 sentences from my current WIP Bloodstone

 

She pulled the pan back and the door hinge creaked. Without another thought, Ebony swung the iron as hard as her small form would allow hoping to make contact with the intruders face. It connected with a sickening thump and she dropped the pan not expecting it to hurt when she hit him. The male form fell to the floor.
She flipped a switch and light flooded the kitchen. Broad shoulders slack against tile and his face had turned away from her toward the stove. Whoever the hell he was, Ebony intended to make sure he knew he’d just screwed up. Acting quickly she pushed a chair against the stove and grabbed some rope from under the sink.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! I don't think anyone would get away with messing with your-Ebony. Your poor male is going to be wishing he'd rung the doorbell and waited ;)

Shelly said...

Suspenseful and intriguing.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Elaine Cantrell said...

I'm curious as to what she intends to do next. nice excerpt.

Kate Warren said...

I have this idea that it's someone she knows. Not that I'm sure, mind you.

Either way, he'll be sorry he didn't call first. ;o)

Lauren said...

I love it when a heroine Knicks out someone with a pan. That just made my day!

Owllady said...

Ouch. Let's hope he learns from that episode. Thanks for sharing!

Veronica Scott said...

Wow, she doesn't miss a beat, going straight for the rope. Exciting snippet!

Cara Bristol said...

Interesting...I don't know why, but I feel sorry for the intruder.

Unknown said...

Finally, a use for a pan that won't add calories.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

S.J. Maylee said...

Good for her and quick thinking on the rope. Smart. I'm cheering her on :)

J said...

Whoa! Remind me not to tick Ebony off. LOL. Who is this guy? Inquiring minds!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I want to be a fly on the wall when he comes to!

Ann Swann said...

Yeah, baby! I love a strong female...great 8!

Unknown said...

Moral of this story? Do NOT mess with Ebony. Though I'm waiting for it to turn out to be someone she knows. And can't wait for THAT conversation. LOL

Linda said...

I really like strong women, Ebony is awesome.

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own