If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday Short

Here's the short of it: 

My leading lady in my current WIP doesn't like to be pushed around by me and recently gave me the good one two in the way she should be written. Let's just say she didn't want to be a weakling.

I have a love hate relationship with the description 'redhead.' I love that I can use it as a semi nickname for a character. I love that it is part of my antagonist because I hate the color red. Some how writing about it doesn't seem to bother me.

I have to stop holding on to tightly to my youngest daughter. She's 9yrs old and I'm working on trusting her to do more for herself. She recently decided with a strong sense of herself that she wanted to spend more time with family and less time with Gymnastics. She requested the teacher drop her down to 2 days a week instead of 4. He informed her, she could drop the days- but that would mean she'd drop a level also.
Her response: "If I can't stay in the same level and go less than I won't stay. I'm not a baby and dropping me a level makes me feel like you think I am."

I'm a proud mama.

Have a short you'd like to share? Come on- just one tiny thing you figured out recently.... I'm all ears.

10 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Your daughter sounds pretty mature. Hopefully that will continue through the teenage years. I'm lucky. My 16-year-old daughter is pretty smart about that kind of stuff too. She swims competitively but knows advanced courses and homework are more important.

Shell Flower said...

Your daughter sounds awesome. I can totally relate to hating the color red, too, though I do have a bit of red in my hair (just highlights). I've realized lately that to write a good story you REALLY have to torture your poor MC to make them stronger.

Cherie Reich said...

Your daughter sounds very smart. :)

And we have to torture our characters.

My short is I'm looking forward to a four-day weekend to read/relax and perhaps get some writing/editing done.

Lisa Gail Green said...

Yay for your daughter!!! That's a strong woman. But wait - I'm a redhead...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your daughter told him!

M Pax said...

She's a smart gal. Good for her.

My WIP went on a tangent and I had to delete it and get it back on track... the scene, not the whole WIP. It will bow to my will and not go somewhere that has no point.

Jai said...

Very proud mama indeed. Someone raised that girl right!!

Unknown said...

That's so adorable! I love your daughter's spirit! Great that at such an age she knows what she's worth! :)

Florentine @ Readiculously Peachy

Stina said...

My daughter is 9 but I don't think she would talk to the guy like that. She tends to be less confrontational--unless she's dealing with her brothers. Then she'll tell them where to go. :)

Christina Lee said...

Good for your daughter! I'm struggling with the same decisions with my 8 y.o.!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own