If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Come check it out.

Thank you all for the luck yesterday- I don't know how well I did yet, but I think I passed. Today I'm going to tell you about 750 words. But first I have to admit, I'm hard pressed to complete a writing routine everyday. But I have found help! Its called 750words.com.


 This site gives you points for everyday you complete your 750 words- that's a great incentive. There is also little awards you can receive for making yourself do it every day. But these are not even the best parts.


The best parts are the graphs. You can type in a story idea or the start of a story or one completed and it will graph which sensory you used the most inside the story, I found I lean towards "touch" a great deal.
Then as if that wasn't enough it also graphs the mood of the piece based on words you've typed.


Finally you also see a word cloud box that tells you which words you used the most! Brilliant!
But it is a simple design, which I happen to love. I sign in, a blank box comes on my screen. I start typing. When I reach 750 words a green box comes up to let me know, then I can look at all my stats for the piece. And if i want to type more than 750 words- I can.


There is also a lock feature so no one else can see your work-password protected.


I have been using this site for a week now. I have twelve points and it has helped me start my homework papers I needed to do. I really really like this site. Now go check it out for yourself.


21 comments:

MJ said...

I used to use that site to write. It was kinda like morning pages for me but I have started doing those by hand! Good luck, hope it helps you out.

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Thats great I am glad you met your goal.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The sensory thing is wild.

shelly said...

I'm on my way.

PK HREZO said...

Oh cool! There's just something out there for everyone!!

Thanks for your comment yesterday. :)

Golden Eagle said...

Never heard of the site before--I'm off to check it out!

Southpaw said...

The site looks cool, but I hesitate putting my writing in there.

I have not met my writing goal for the day-yet.

Angela said...

This sounds great. I have to ask though, who came up with the number 750?

Summer Ross said...

Angela- I think it says on the information page, it was more an idea based theme of 750 words I believe.

Ellie Garratt said...

Wow. Awesome link.

Jessica Silva said...

Oh wow. That's totally awesome! Think I might check it out :D

Kittie Howard said...

Awesome idea! Thanks for the info. I'm on my way.

Old Kitty said...

Thank you so much for this very handy link, Summer! I've bookmarked it and can't wait to try it - I love the incentives it gives too!! Yay! Take care
x

Michael Di Gesu said...

Now that's a great way to get your work done.

Thanks for the link, Summer.

Unknown said...

i've heard about this site before...but privacy concerns scare me a bit. Glad you're finding it useful.

Jules said...

I'm not sure I want someone else to know what sensory I feel the most, sounds like ammunition for someone. :)

Sorry late, I'll check it though.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

N. R. Williams said...

I'm intrigued and will check it out.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Anonymous said...

That IS an interesting tool. I'm always amazed at all the "things" out there in cyberspace. Thanks for the link. My greatest hindrance to getting some writing done is the Internet. I'm doing much better now since I turn it off and turn on my laptop where there's NO internet. I MAKE myself write at least 500 words a day, and so far I'm getting closer to 1000. So in about half an hour I'll close down this computer and head into the next 1000 on a short story that's sitting from beginning to end in my head.

I'm so glad this tool is working for you. Just to see how it works, I'm going to bookmark it and come back to it later--AFTER I've done the writing!

Thanks for a most interesting post, and for commenting on my I'm Tagged post.

Have a delightful and productive day!
Ann Best, Memoir Author

Lauri said...

What a cool idea, I will check that out!

Cindy said...

Neat! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great tip for novelists!

I shouted out to you on my blog yesterday. It's about fairies and mermaids.

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own