If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Riddle

Here is today's riddle. I'm sure with all the writers out here you will get this one piece of cake: 

1)Put your answer in the comments 
2) come back and highlight next to "answer" to find out if you were right.


~~Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white?" or "The yolk of the egg is white?"

ANSWER:  Neither, the Yolks are yellow.


18 comments:

The Blogger Formerly Known As said...

Yolks are yellow. But, if they weren’t, the word should be is.

Stina said...

I'm going with 'is' because there is only one yolk in the egg. At least there was when I hard boiled eggs for my kids yesterday. ;)

Stina said...

Groan!

Old Kitty said...

Ha!! I get this!! The yolk is yellow!! So there!! Yay!! Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I was about to go crack an egg to check the color!

M Pax said...

Depends on the number of yolks, yes?

Unknown said...

Is? Egg is not plural... Though I could be wrong.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Neither..... What a trick riddle. As stated before Yolks are Yellow.


I hope you have some sun this weekend Summer.

Jules said...

My eggs come in a box. :) Fairy fun, fairy fun; where is the fairy fun?
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Carol Kilgore said...

Strange eggs :)

Elizabeth McKenzie said...

"Is," except an egg yolk is yellow.

Summer, please go to my blog and click on the '@' on my sidebar to leave me your address so's I can send you your prize. Thanks, I'd really like to send it soon, and thanks for participating.

Elizabeth McKenzie said...

Summer, Sorry, I found your address in my spam file. Don't know why. But prize is on the way.

Margo Kelly said...

HAHAHAHA ... Nicely done! :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Odd colored egg.

Catch My Words said...

The yolk of the egg is yellow.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Ellie Garratt said...

LOL. I fell for that one. Very clever!

Ellie Garratt

Nas said...

Odd coloured yolk you get there. Here we get yellow yolks! Lol

Anonymous said...

Hah, I fell for it until I read the comments.

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own