If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Updates

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I was finishing up a final paper- which was my very last one for this semester. WooHoo! I'm on free time now! I wont know grades for another one to two weeks though. As soon as I have them I will let you all know how I did.


 I have completed seven stories so far for the Story a day challenge. I took a few days off to get through the loose ends of homework. 

 I also have three stories into submissions, one of them is my nonfiction piece I wrote for my creative nonfiction class. I really liked how it turned out so I submitted it.
I wont know if any of the stories will be accepted until July, so keep your fingers crossed for me.


 Also I have officially been put up as staff at Every Day Fiction Scroll down to the bottom to see my picture and Bio. I was so excited to see it when I checked it two days ago! Being a slush pile reader is not easy though and over the break I intend to get through as many stories as I can before my summer semester starts. I have already read over 150 stories for this online magazine. For me it is a wonderful accomplishment and even greater is the fact that they will keep me on as long as I want the position, so I must be doing something right.


 So Fairy friends how is your writing going? Have you submitted to anywhere?

15 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Wow! You've really accomplished a lot. You rock! (Can I have a splash of your energy?)

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow!! You've been so creatively busy - that's brilliant!! GOOD LUCK with all your submissions!!!!!!!!!!!!! And HUGE congratulations with being on the staff list!! Yay!!!

Enjoy your free time - good luck with your exam results!! Take care
x

Stephanie said...

Congrats!! That's so great!!!!!

Talli Roland said...

Gosh, you've been busy! Enjoy all that free time coming your way and relax a bit!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wow, where do you find time to do all of this?

Golden Eagle said...

Wow. You've really been busy! :)

Good luck with your submissions, and congratulations on Every Day Fiction. That's awesome!

Elizabeth McKenzie said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

N. R. Williams said...

Life has thrown me a few curve balls lately eating up my time. Which means I haven't gotten much writing done. Congratulations are in order for you though, so many accomplishments.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Unknown said...

I've been editing and writing. I was actually happy that blogger went down. I could get some serious writing time in.

Congrats on your new job. Have a fun summer reading!

Margo Benson said...

Sounds as though you are one busy fairy! Wishing all the best for your results.

No submissions(way too novice)but inspired with new WIP!

Deborah Walker said...

Hi, Summer,

congratuations on getting on the website at EDF, very cool.

And subbing, I sub something oooh, feels like very other day. Gotta find a home for my babies.

LTM said...

oh, well. I'm submitting everywhere at the moment, and so far, silencio. Hate that... but it seems all you missed around here yesterday (like me) was blogger going berzerk~ :D <3

good luck w/the stories & subs!

Unknown said...

You must be drinking some powerful fairy juice :) Good on you!

The Words Crafter said...

Woohoo on finishing the semester!!!!!! I haven't submitted anything, but I have been slowly working on the wip's, so that's something. Congrats on the continuing job, wow! Good for you :)

Stephanie said...

wow, you are one busy woman! Love your Fairy blog!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own