If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Monday, May 2, 2011

Blasphemy to the online God!

I feel like I can take a deep breath! What A Challenge the A-Z was! I want to give you all a heads up today and a few other things.


First I'd like to say thank you and welcome to my new followers. I greatly appreciate the time you all take to read and comment on my blog.

So much happened this last month, I need a slight break. I will still be working on my writing but I wont be online for a few days. Please forgive my absence but I desperately need some down time. I will be back May 6th for Cherie's Flash fiction blogfest

I am participating in A Story A Day In May, which I think will really be fun even if I do not manage a story everyday this month.


And last- most of you know I have been working on a poetry chapbook that includes fairies, well I have been trying my hand at my own art, granted it takes me a long time to do just one single fairy- but I'm liking how they are turning out and think that I can make it happen on my own- Here are two of the pictures I have done so far- what do you think?  (Please do not copy or save these pictures in anyway- I am the artist and you do not have my permission to use the pictures for anything.)





20 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

I think everybody has gone into belated holiday mode today. We all need one after A to Z!

I love your pictures and much more special the chapbook will be with your artwork! Go for it.

Ellie Garratt

Angela said...

Love your pictures!

Kittie Howard said...

Ohhh, I like, I like! The eyes contain such expression. Keep drawing...you've got the talent, for sure!!

Old Kitty said...

I love these pics - they're cute and fun! Well done you!!

Have a great break and see you soon!!

p.s I am in AWE that you are doing all these other blogfests coming up - yay for you! Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Think everyone needs some down time. And not touching the pictures!

Jules said...

Please take a rest, you have a great deal on your plate. Dang, did not know you are an artist as well?! Can't wait for the book.

Resting Fairy thoughts your way :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Cherie Reich said...

Thank you for mentioning my blogfest, Summer.

And, your fairy drawings are so cute.

Colene Murphy said...

Glad your April was a success! Enjoy your little break to write!!

Nas said...

Oh your pictures are very nice!

LTM said...

you guys did great last month, and what a whirlwind it was! :D Love your drawings--good luck w/the book~ <3

Carolyn V said...

Woo hoo! You made it through. Love your pictures. =)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Summer,

Your fairies are charming. See, you don't need me...LOL. The younger kids will LOVE them. Keep up the good work.

Michael

N. R. Williams said...

Cute fairies. Take a deep breath and get some rest. I am amazed by your schedule and with little ones too.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Auto Title Loans said...

I'm a fan of the first one! She's pretty, innocent and fun all in one drawing. Did you model her after anything or anyone?
Ava

Chris Phillips said...

Have a great break!

Unknown said...

Oh very cute! I like the twirly green bit in the first one's hair.

Laura S. said...

Oooo, I love your fairies! Those would be perfect for a coloring book, too. You should create a coloring book with your fairy pictures! I'm totally serious. I wish I could draw like that!

Southpaw said...

Time off sounds great. You fairies are adorable. Their eyes are very expressive.

Rebecca Dupree said...

There are some great fairy drawing books out there. Dreamscapes by Stephanie pui-Mun Law, How to Draw and paint fairies, by Linda Ravenscroft, and Funky things to Draw, by Paul Konye and Kate Ashforth. The last one is a kids book, but really awesome.

Denise Covey said...

Hi Summer. I hope you enjoyed your break. Your pictures are gorgeous.

Denise<3

Join the Romantic Friday Writers group. First challenge - Dire Moment.

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own