If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Just another Monday.

Fairy friends I have been battling in the fight of homework completion. Classes have not even started yet and a Professor has declared no break! I have traveled in a book to India where nothing is as it seems and untouchables have to crawl backwards out of a touchables sight and wipe away their foot prints.


 There is much I have to learn about these strange traditions, yet I find myself strangely curious.
 In case you are wondering the book I have just finished reading is "The God of Small Things" by Arundhati Roy.


 The author has written a fictional story about a family with many problems. The writing in general is by far right up there with amazing prose work. I'm in awe of the authors ability to string so many different ideas into one story and make them work lyrically together. If you have the opportunity, pick up the book.

7 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

No break? What a taskmaster your profressor is!

The book sounds fascinating; I shall definitely look it up.

Ellie Garratt

Alleged Author said...

UGH! I remember when my profs would take away break and give massive reading assignments. That's why I'm dragging my feet on going back to school!

Sounds like a great book! At least it's interesting homework. :)

Old Kitty said...

One of my favourite books! I wallowed in the prose - beautiful!!

Your professor is a hard task master!!! I hope you get a break soon! Take care
x

shelly said...

Smiles and hugs for you.

Unknown said...

Hey, I hope your harsh professor is at least doing a good job.
Nahno ∗ McLein

Jules said...

And here I was hoping you had gone camping. Bad professor, bad! Let's blow fairy dust up his nose till he sparkles. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

LTM said...

sounds like a great book! And here's hoping things get under control for you very soon~ ((hugs))

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own