If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Saturday, April 2, 2011

A-z Challenge: Bucket

In my attempts to write Flash fiction- I decided "B" is hard to find something to write about- Perhaps because there are words from the "B" category that go well with names of people and things, so I decided on a bucket. The challenge was trying to incorporate a bucket and conversation into a 100 word story...

Bucket


 “What’s with the bucket?” The male customer asked

“Just sits there.” The shop owner pinged out the register and handed him his change. Her hands clicked a button under the counter. She went in back knowing the next to walk in would be the tramp and her friend.

“I wish Charles was available more,” a soft feminine voice came through the bucket in the back.

“It doesn’t matter, as long as he buys me things,” a tart voice replied. “He has a wife.”

The shop owner had her husband now. She switched the recorder off and headed to the counter.

22 comments:

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Summer, this is so not fair. I want to know all about these people and the darn bucket!

GigglesandGuns

Elena Solodow said...

Hah! I like it : )

Rebecca Dupree said...

Love it! 100 word stories are so much fun to write, but more fun to finish! Great job!

Carrie Beasley said...

I agree with Mary! I wanted to keep on reading. You have an incredible writing style.

Lisa said...

Good story, you made it so interesting in just a few short paragraphs. I enjoyed it, thank you,

Jules said...

Yeah, I'm with Mary too. What is it with the bucket?
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Marie Anne said...

Interesting concept, this 100-word thing. Enjoyed it.


Popping in by way of the A-Z Challenge. I’m blogging at:
http://www.writewrongorindifferent.com/
http://marieannesmissives.blogspot.com/
http://gallongarden.blogspot.com/
http://macrochet.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Bucket! You picked a challenge for your 100 word story ;) You avoided clichés like anyone kicking it - the art of good story telling.

Old Kitty said...

Oooh nice use of Bucket for a fab psychological drama!! Yay! Well done you! take care
x

Unknown said...

Good one. I think its great that you are doing a 100 word story for this. Great use of the word bucket.

baygirl32 said...

looking forward to C-ing what you do on monday

http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Tell me more! I keep trying to figure it out, but have to admit to being perplexed.

~Cindy
http://nestingcrafts.blogspot.com/

KM Nalle said...

Totally want to know what happens next!

doreen said...

I with the others...more bucket!

Sylvia said...

Ohhhhhh! Awesome!

Hope the c word continues this!

Ellie Garratt said...

Hehe. That was clever!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I give up. What's with the bucket? Is there a fairy trapped in there? Does she keep the souls of her victims in it? Does it have a life of its own? Anyway, good luck with the Challenge and have a greta weekend.

Golden Eagle said...

Now I want to know more!

Nas said...

Great. I like it!

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

I have a suggestion for your "M" word come the 15th. I'm hosting a blogaversary blogfest for my 1 year anniversary. So it is a blogfest within a blogfest. Here is the link to the page. http://waitingforpublication.blogspot.com/p/blogaversary-blogfest-sign-up.html

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Ha, great B post :)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

:) Cute story, well done

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own