If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A-Z: "N"

N is represented today by the Nymph. (If you are offended by small amount of nudity- please do not read this post.)


A Nymph is not a Fairy. They do not have wings. They are said to be a spirit of nature, a Greek myth. They are most commonly found around lakes and the sea as well as in mountains. 

The Nymphs have several different kinds of spirits in the Nymph family, which I wont go into at the moment because it would be a very long post. One thing to note is these are a female creature similar to a siren. They are very provocative and are said to be seductive creatures/spirits.


A Sea Nymph




12 comments:

PK HREZO said...

There are lake nymphs in the story I'm writing right now. Of course I'm putting my own spin on it, and their beauty is, shall I say, unique. ;)

Happy N day!!!

Laura S. said...

Great word for today! I've read fantasy novels with wood nymphs; they seem to be the most popular. Sea nymphs are popular too, especially the siren-like ones. Watch out, naive sailors!

Ellie Garratt said...

Naughty Nymphs!

Ellie Garratt

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Always learn something here. I love that.

Unknown said...

lovely. Nymphs are some of my favorite mythilogical beings.

Old Kitty said...

Yay for seductive, sultry and sexy nymphs!!!

Wonderful! Take care
x

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Love the word, love what they represent. I may have to use one or two in a novel someday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

I'm starting up a 'Critiquing Crusaders' program, where participants in the Second Crusade can find other writers to exchange critiques with or form critiquing circles. If you're interested, come by The Kelworth Files to check it out!

Michael Di Gesu said...

As you know I love nymphs and featured them in my post today, although they weren't the "N" word I wrote about.

Unknown said...

What nudity, did I miss something? Lovely post.

dolorah said...

Nymphs are such fun to write about.

.....dhole

Trisha said...

Nymphs, yay!!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own