If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A-Z: "Q"

The letter Q is a very unique letter, writing it is even fun, though I dispised it when I learned how to write in cursive because I always mixed "q" with "g" LOL

Today Q will be represented by quotes: Enjoy!

"Detail makes the difference between boring and terrific writing. It’s the difference between a pencil sketch and a lush oil painting. As a writer, words are your paint. Use all the colors."
~Rhys Alexander

"It only takes one person to change your life – you."
~Ruth Casey

"Never throw up on an editor."
~Ellen Datlow

"You can take for granted that people know more or less what a street, a shop, a beach, a sky, an oak tree look like. Tell them what makes this one different."
~Neil Gaiman

"There are no rules in writing. There are useful principles. Throw them away when they're not useful. But always know what you're throwing away."
~Will Shetterly

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
        ~Winston Churchill



13 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Mr Churchill's one speaks to me!! Yay for fab quotes!!!

I remember a teacher insisting q should always be written as qu. LOL!

Take care
x

Michael Di Gesu said...

Excellent quotes.... so true!

shelly said...

Great quotes! Especailly the one about not throwing up on your editor.

Michelle Gregory said...

great quotes. i've been doing quotes all month for A-Z. it's been a lot of fun finding them.

Stina said...

Never throw up on an editor (or agent) is great advice. :D

Laura S. said...

Great quotes! I chose quotes for today too. But we didn't choose any of the same ones!

Ann said...

The one I would take to heart is Never throw up on the Editor. That would just be bad manners!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Some great quotes today.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great quotes, Summer! And for promoting my contest! :o)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

hahaha I love Ellen Datlow's quote: "Never throw up on an editor."
Good advice ;)

Mary Aalgaard said...

Ooo. Good ones. I'm tucking that last one in my file drawer. I needed it today.

Susan Kane said...

I think all of your readers agree about the throwing up quote. In general, throwing up on anyone but a loved one is frowned upon.
Great blog.

Unknown said...

I liked all of the quotes, but that Winston Churchill quote brought such vivid pictures to mind. Thinking of so many soldiers pushing forward with so much sacrifice right now, it takes courage. They deserve so much respect.

Great quotes.

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own