If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A-Z: "T"

My post today is all about Time, I have created a mash poem for you- can you guess the poets I have used? I'll give you one hint: I used 4 separate poet authors.


Time, Time where for art thou gone?
Could you be in a sock?
Are you stuck in a clock?
I’ll find you somewhere down the road,
Where you will tick with a tock that was seconds ago
Once upon a darkened mantle, while I searched for a candle
Time, Oh Time, where for art thou gone?




11 comments:

Michael Di Gesu said...

Nicely done, Summer.

But I'm not familiar with too many poets.

Old Kitty said...

No idea but great way to create poem though!! Happy Easter!! Take care
x

Luana Krause said...

Shakespeare, Dr. Seuss, Robert Frost, Edgar Allen Poe?

Anonymous said...

I see Dr Seuss! And maybe Poe? But then again I'm probably totally wrong!

A xxx

Lindsay said...

Great poem. As for poet authors... hmmm.

I've picked out William Shakespeare and Dr Suess, but not sure of the other two. I want to say Poe, but not sure.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes, I know it's noon, but it's still too early on a Saturday for my brain to function...

Laura S. said...

I like your poem mash-up! William Shakespeare and Dr. Seuss definitely... and the other two are trickier. Robert Frost? Not sure who else!

LTM said...

Shakespeare, Seuss, Frost and Poe???

Did I get it? :D LOL--fun stuff~

Golden Eagle said...

I think can guess the last line. :P Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet?

I don't know about the others.

erica and christy said...

Shakespeare and Dr. Seuss for sure. I think the road line is Frost. The mantle line might be Poe?
erica

Cindy said...

Hahahah... love it.

I'm always out of time though. Ugh... (time to make yesterday's A-Z post)

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own