If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Monday, April 11, 2011

A-Z: "I"

This post is about the word "Illegal" 


 Since I live in Wyoming, I thought it would be fun to tell you some humorous Laws in my state.


-You may not fish with a machine gun.
(And here I thought this would be so much quicker than a pole!)
 

 -It is illegal for women to stand within five feet of a bar while drinking.
(While this may not be enforced, it is funny because Wyoming was the first state to have equality for women.)

-You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.
(Guess that jackalope- rabbit with horns- will get away)

In Cheyenne:


-You may not take a shower on a Wednesday.

In Newcastle:


-You may not make love in a freezer. 
(BRRRRRR)


19 comments:

Nighfala said...

I never shower on days that start with "W" anyway. Saves water.

mooderino said...

Outrageous. I've done some of my best work in the freezer.

shelly said...

OMG. TFF. But then again laws are made by lawyers. And, common sense does not rule their world. Look at Washington.

Unknown said...

I find these crazy laws funny and there is actually a whole webiste about it. I used it when I posted about the same subject. Great post.

Stina said...

Are these for real?

I laughed when I visited California last week. Apparently, before the law was instated, it was okay to plow down pedistrians in the crosswalk. ;)

Jules said...

ROFL, who even thought of making love in a freezer? That is just a mental picture I was not expecting :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Old Kitty said...

LOL!!!! The freezer law is my favourite!! I'd love to see that enforced. Which begs the question who on earth did this for such a law to be necessary!??!?! LOL!

Take care
x

Laura S. said...

LOL! Oh my gosh, these are hilarious. The last one is my favorite. Who would do that?! But maybe someone did at one point for that law to be made, haha.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Is it legal to laugh on Monday? I'm safe. I can laugh in Ohio on Monday.
Thanks for cheering my day.

Julie Flanders said...

Oh my gosh, how funny! LOL, great post! :)

Carol Kilgore said...

I know Texas has some strange laws, too. But these are weird :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

What a fun state you live in.... Like who's going to know if you make love in a freezer....LOL.

Elena Solodow said...

And I'm *sure* there's a reason all these laws exist...but I'd love to know.

LTM said...

LOL! Love stuff like this. I wonder what happens if you drink w/in 5 ft of a bar...? You jump up on it and start dancing around?

Makin lurv in the freezer. That's what we do down here in the broiling South~ :D not really. <3

Cindy said...

Obscure outdated laws are always fun to find :)

Jo Schaffer said...

Inconceivable! (= Haha!
Yeah there are some crazy old laws that are forgotten. I believe in York England it is still "legal" to kill a Jewish person with bow and arrow within the city limits-- hearkening back to a long ago issue. Crazy.

erica and christy said...

I've seen some funny laws before, but haven't ever looked up my own state, hmm...thanks for sharing!
erica

Trisha said...

LOL those are great!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Summer .. those are fun .. love them - I expect there are plenty more of these around .. they are so amusing. Cheers Hilary

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own