If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A-z: "L"

I have another flash fiction piece for you:


 Llama Dilemma
           By Summer Ross

(You may not copy or reproduce this story in any way)

“I’m serious, he likes pickles.” Jenna put her hands on her hips. Her best friend Lacey stood before her in a white tank top and jean shorts.

“Llamas don’t eat pickles.” Lacey retorted her eyes on the strange creature in the back yard.

“I can’t say if they all do- but this one does, here watch.” Jenna pulled a baby dill pickle from the jar on the table and handed it slowly to the animal. He sniffed it first then his long red tongue snake out to grab the sour green treat leaving a trail of spit behind. Jenna wiped her hand on her own jeans staring down her friend.

“Okay- he likes pickles, but how did he end up here?”

“I came out and here he was standing there staring at me.” Jenna surveyed her yard. The chain link fence intact. Now that she thought about it, even the gate barely let one person in, so the llama had to have jumped the fence.

A gurgle erupted from the llama’s stomach and something hit the ground with a thud.

“Jenna, I think you should look at this.” Lacey said walking around to check out the present the animal left.

Jenna walked around her friend and there, to her surprise, was an old shoe. She glanced at the llama, her friend, and back to the shoe. Its laces were worn from multiple uses and one side had been blown out as if someone’s foot had grown too big for it.

“Did he just…” Jenna’s words trailed as she thought. How could a llama poop out a shoe?

“Yeah, I think he did. What have you been feeding him?”

“Me! I only gave him pickles.”

As both women stared at the shoe in disbelief, they had not noticed the llama turned to face them. Its mouth opened wider and wider. Its sloppy tongue lulled out towards them and in one long sweep gobbled up the two and swallowed them whole.


14 comments:

Old Kitty said...

OH NO!!!! Llamas are lovely and are herbivores! I think!! LOL!!! Great story - fab macabre ending! Take care
x

Michael Di Gesu said...

I saw that one coming.... Nasty Llama...

shelly said...

OMG!LOL!TFF!

Elena Solodow said...

Best. Ending. Ever!!!

Kris said...

Wow, a man-eating llama. That's a first for me!

Sonia said...

Such a creepy ending! LOL

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

They should've suspected he ate people as well!

Kittie Howard said...

What fun! Loved the ending!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

a pickle eating llama had to be evil ;)

KM Nalle said...

Ha! I didn't see that ending coming. Excellent.

Denise Covey said...

A great twist Summer.

Denise<3

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Bab, bad Llama!

Anxious to read your entry tomorrow.

Cindy said...

Eek! I won't tell that story to my toddler (who LOVES her grammas llamas and alpacas)

Dawn M. Hamsher said...

Poor llama will end up with indigestion!

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own